Fair Consulting provides compliance engineering expertise and experienced personnel to support your engineering requirements.
Fair Consulting was started by Compliance Engineer James Fair, in March 2002.
Fair Consulting joined Regulatory Design, Inc. as a subsidiary in April 2007.
Fair Consulting expertise covers all areas of compliance engineering regarding Product Safety, EMC, Telecom Regulatory, International Homologation, CE Mark, NEBS, ESD, Laptop Battery and Fuel Cell Technology. Lighting, Medical Devices, Quality Management Systems (21CFR820).
James Fair the Founder of Fair Consulting has thirty (30) years of Product Compliance Engineering experience within the Telecommunications, Information Technology and Consumer Products Industries. Over thrty (30) years total Electronics Engineering Research and Development Experience.
Our experience will assist engineering & manufacturing companies design, market and maintain compliant products that meet all applicable industry standards.
Fair Consulting provides:
After an exploratory meeting with your company, Fair Consulting will;
- Consultation to determines the applicable standards for your product design.
- Initial Design Reviews.
- Pre-Compliance Testing and Evaluation.
- Engineering Test Reports.
- Compliance Project Planning.
- Compliance Project Management.
- Agency Relations Service (NRTL, CE, International Agencies).
- Document Management.
- Records Organization.
What is required before starting the project.
- Define the project and your company expectations.
- Plan an investigation and evaluation program.
- Estimate the materials and resources required to complete the project.
- Estimate the amount of time needed to complete the project. If you have a specific deadline you are trying to meet, please let us know so it can be considered when establishing a promise date for completion of the evaluation.
- Provide an estimate of the consulting costs.
- Product test sample(s).
- Copies of the existing NRTL reports.
- Wiring diagrams illustrating any electrical or electronic circuitry
- Design drawings and/or photographs of the product
- Construction and/or operation.
- Include all instruction manuals, safety tips or installation instructions that you expect to supply with the product,
- Include any markings intended to appear on the shipping container.
- Identify any alternate materials, components or arrangements of parts you intend to use in the future. This will help reduce test work, time and costs later, when the alternates are used in the product.
- Provide the name of your authorized representative who will receive all Fair Consulting communications, including the final report and invoices.
- Intended markets for the project.
James Fair is the founder of Fair Consulting DBA. As President and Founder of Fair Consulting, he is responsible for the firms overall scientific, technical and compliance services. He considers compliance industry knowledge and integrity the most important virtue of his engineers. Mr. Fair has over 30 years' experience in applying industry consensus standards in Safety, EMC, Telecom, Lighting and Medical Technologies to ensure conformance of his client's products to the applicable standards. His project management expertise and the experience working with Regulatory Agencies allows Fair Consulting to execute product Listing and certification in an organized, timely and professional manner.
Top of Page | Home